Description: Hoo WinTail is a real-time file viewing Windows utility like the Unix tail -f utility. It can be used to view the end of a growing file. It is ideal for viewing application traces or server logs in real time, as they are generated. Quickly viewing the last part of a large file without the need to load the entire file.
Hoo WinTail is a file viewer. It makes no changes to the file that is opened. It opens the file in read-only mode. As new lines are written to the file by another program (such as would happen with a log file, for example), Hoo WinTail reads the new lines and displays them.
Hoo WinTail can read and display any text file. It cannot support .doc files, .xls files, or other proprietary formats.
Hoo WinTail can capture and display OutputDebugString (Windows Debug API) and TRACE (MS Visual C++ Debug Function) output as well.
* Highlight user specified strings in the output.
* Set the rate to monitor updates to the target file.
* Search for any text string, support search next and previous.
* Can be customized.
* Capture and display OutputDebugString (Windows Debug API) and TRACE (MS Visual C++ Debug Function).
* Setting maximum display buffer size and retain line number when truncate content.
* Can set main window keep always on top.
* With Unicode support.
* Both Unix and DOS/Windows text file formats support.
* Clear all showed content and reload the last part of file.
* Editing showed content arbitrarily, but making no changes to the monitored file.
* Drag and Drop support.
* Filename may be specified on the command line or by browsing.
* Maximum 10 recent files.
* Indicates file size in window title bar.
* Uncluttered user interface.